low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓
This gluten-free blueberry and cream cheese galette is the best sweet galette I’ve had in my life! (and I’m not even exaggerating) For a long time, I used to make blueberry galettes only with blueberries, but one day I woke up with an idea, “why don’t I combine cream cheese with my blueberry galette?” (I often wake up with ideas for new recipes xD ) This one was probably one of the best ideas I’ve gotten lately. The combination of blueberries and cream cheese is a match made in haven!
Gluten-Free Blueberry & Cream Cheese Galette Recipe
To make this galette I use the recipe for my super flaky gluten-free pie crust. Therefore the crust has a perfectly flaky and buttery texture. The filling takes this galette on a whole new level. Blueberries and cream cheese go incredibly well together, which makes it very hard to stop yourself from eating it all at once 🙂
How to make this Gluten-Free Blueberry & Cream Cheese Galette?
Do you think galettes are hard to make because they look all pretty and fancy? Well, I got a positive surprise for you! It is actually super simple to make!🙂(one of the simplest baked goods you can make). First, you need to make the pie crust dough. While the dough is chilling in the fridge, you can prepare the filling. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese with vanilla extract, sugar and lemon zest. Then drain and prepare the blueberries and voilà you are almost done. Once the dough is chilled, roll it out, fill it with the cream cheese and the blueberries. And your galette is ready for the oven!
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of the page.
*To make sure that your flour mix is fodmap friendly I recommend that you make your own gluten-free flour mix, I always like to use my homemade gluten-free flour blend. Or, if you can’t make your own then always read the ingredients of the store-bought gluten-free flour mixes. Make sure your mix doesn’t contain soy flour, chickpea/besan/gram/garbanzo bean flour, lentil flour, coconut flour, amaranth flour, or lupin flour.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Gluten Free Blueberry and Cream Cheese Galette
- 1 gluten-free pie crust dough
- 80 g lactose-free cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 150 g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour or corn starch
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 egg yolk (for brushing the dough)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (for sprinkling on top of the dough)
- Make the gluten-free pie dough. Use this recipe for a super flaky gluten-free pie crust.
To prepare the cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with 3 tablespoons of sugar, the vanilla extract, and the lemon zest.
To prepare the blueberries
- If using frozen blueberries let them defrost first and drain them from the extra liquid.
- Place the blueberries in a medium bowl, add the flour or the cornstarch and the sugar and mix it well.
- Form a circular shape from the pie dough. Start by spreading the cream cheese mixture. Then add the blueberries. And close it on the sides.
- Wisk the egg yolk and brush a thin layer over the dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar and put it in the oven to bake for 25min on 180C.
- I like serving it with vegan vanilla ice cream and maple syrup ( but that's optional)
- Best served warm.
- Enjoy 🙂