low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓
Toast and eggs are the two of my favorite breakfast ingredients! Combined together and you get this dreamy breakfast! This Cheesy Egg Toast puts a smile on my face every time!
Cheesy Egg Toast Recipe
This toast is creamy, flavorful, super cheesy, eggy, crunchy, so easy to make, low FODMAP, and beyond delicious!
This toast is a perfect choice for speedy breakfast on the go but also makes a great lunch or mid-day pick me up protein snack.
How to make this Cheesy Egg Toast?
This is a toast that EVERYONE can make! Literally, even children can do it! It’s so EASY to make it!
All you need is 4 ingredient and 15min!
First, you need to boil the eggs (I like to use medium-boiled), while they are still hot you need to mash them together with cream cheese and grated lactose-free cheese. Spread over toasted buttered bread and that is it!
What kind of bread to use to make this Cheesy Egg Toast?
You can use any gluten-free bread of choice. If you are looking for a flourless home-made bread try my Gluten-Free Superfood Bread
*Low FODMAP tip:
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Cheesy Egg Toast
- 2 slices toasted buttered gluten-free bread
- 3 medium or soft boiled eggs (you can also use hard boiled, if that is what you prefer)
- 50 g lactose-free cream cheese
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- Mash 2 of the boiled eggs while they are still hot. Then add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Season with salt according to taste
- Spread over toasted buttered slices of bread.
- Slice one of the eggs in half and add on top of each toast.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs, chives or chilli flakes (optional)
- Serve while it is warm!