low fodmap ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓ | dairy-free (option) ✓
This Low FODMAP Creamy Potato Salad is easy for your stomach and healthier version than the traditional potato salad.
Picture this, a warm summer day, bright sunny skies, a bbq outside, you are sipping your favorite drink with your favorite people around you, isn’t something missing though? Well in my definition of a perfect picnic, that would be a potato salad.
A potato salad is one of those classic recipes that everyone needs to have on hand. Potato salad goes great with many dishes, it’s simple to make, it’s cheap and can feed many people, and it is healthy. Well maybe the traditional potato salad recipe is not the healthiest, but it’s a habit of mine changing recipes and making them healthier.
So, of course, the potato salad was no exemption. But don’t worry, If you are a big mayo fan like me, the mayo is still there (only in a smaller amount).
Low FODMAP Creamy Potato Salad Recipe
This Potato salad is flavorful, light, refreshing, tangy and so delicious. It is a perfect summer salad and goes great with a variety of different meals. It is filling and rich so you can also have it on its own. This version of the traditional potato salad is healthier and easier for the stomach.
How to make this Potato Salad?
This potato salad is easy as 1,2,3. There are only 10 simple ingredients and 3 steps to follow.
1.Boil the eggs and the potatoes
2. Make the dressing and chop everything.
3. Mix everything together
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of this page.
How to Make this Low FODMAP Creamy Potato Salad dairy-free?
To make it completely dairy-free just replace the lactose-free yogurt with a dairy-free yogurt (like coconut yogurt).
This salad could easily be made vegan too. You will just need to replace the Mayonnaise for a vegan Mayonnaise. And omit the eggs.
Low FODMAP Creamy Potato Salad
- 700 gr Young Potatoes
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Lactose-Free Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 Spring Onions (only the green parts )
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of fresh chives
- Put the eggs and potatoes to boil over medium heat.
- While they boil, prepare the dressing.
- For the dressing, blend the avocado then mix the blended avocado with the mayo, yogurt, dijon mustard, chopped fresh coriander and chopped chives.
- Chop the spring onions (only the green parts) and the cucumber (take out the seeds of the cucumber as they can make your salad very watery.
- Once the potatoes are boiled drain them and let them cool down
- When the potatoes are cooled, put them in a salad bowl and mix them with the dressing.
- Grate the one of the boiled eggs, and stir it in the salad
- Add the chopped cucumber and spring onion, and combine it well
- Decorate the salad with the remaining egg, coriander and chives.