vegan ✓| gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓ | egg-free ✓ | dairy-free ✓
There is nothing more comforting than a creamy pasta dish. If you feel the same then you have to try this Creamy Swiss Chard & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
Creamy Swiss Chard & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
This pasta is super flavorful, comforting, savory, healthy and the best part ready in 15min. Moreover, it is vegan and FODMAP friendly!
What Ingredients you will need to make this Creamy Swiss Chard & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta?
- Swiss Chard (or Spinach)
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Garlic-Infused Oil
- Cooked Butter Beans
- Veggie Broth
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Parmesan/ or Nutritional Yeast
- Pasta of choice
How to make this dish?
There are only 2 simple steps to making this pasta.
STEP 1 – BOIL THE PASTA
Cook the pasta of choice according to the packaging instructions.
STEP 2- MAKE THE SAUCE
While the pasta is cooking, start making the sauce. Chop the swiss chard leaves into inch-wide strips. Next, we dice the sun-dried tomatoes. Heat a bit of garlic-infused oil in a medium pan on medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated we will add the Swiss chard and we will cook it for 1 to 2 minutes or until it just starts to wilt. Then we will add the sun-dried tomatoes and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the Swiss chard is completely wilted and softened. In to a blender add the cooked butter beans, together with vegetable broth, vegan cream cheese, and vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, and blend everything together. Transfer the sauce to the pan. Because the pan is hot it will warm up the sauce. When the pasta is cooked drain it and add it to the sauce. This dish is best Serve it while it is warm.
According to the Monash University App, sun-dried tomatoes are FODMAP friendly in only 8g per serving. As this recipe uses 15g sun-dried tomatoes per serving, this dish is not recommended if you are in the elimination phase of the FODMAP diet.
Creamy Swiss Chard & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
- 200 g pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp garlic-infued olive oil
- 1 bunch (10 stems) Swiss Chard
- 30 g (1/2 cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- 113 g (1/2 cup) cooked butter beans
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) veggie broth
- 225 g (1 cup) vegan cream cheese
- 30 g (⅓ cup) vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- salt& pepper accroding to taste
- Start by boiling the pasta according to the packaging instructions
- While the pasta is boiling start making th sauce.
To make the sauce
- First we will rinse out the Swiss chard leaves.Either tear or cut away the thick stalks from the leaves. For this recipe we won’t be using the stalks as they take longer to cook. But don’t throw them away. You can freeze them and use them in soups or stews.
- Chop the leaves into inch-wide stripes.
- Next dice 1/2 of a cup of sun dried tomatoes.
- Heat a bit of garlic infused oil in a medium pan on medium high heat
- Once the oil is heated we will add the Swiss chard and we will cook if for 1 to 2 minutes or until it just starts to wilt.
- Then add the sun dried tomatoes and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the Swiss chard is completely wilted and softened.
- In to a blender add the cooked butter beans together with the vegetable broth, vegan cream cheese, and vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast and blend everything together.
- Transfer the sauce to the pan with the swiss-chard and sun-dried tomatoes. Because the pan is hot it will warm up the sauce.
- When the pasta is cooked drain it and add it to the sauce.
- This dish is best Serve it while it warm.