low fodmap ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | nut-free✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓
I have a lot of favorite meals, but the one that at the top of that list is definitely lasagna. I LOVE LOVE Lasagna. It’s one of the best things in this world! And I don’t think I can imagine my life without it. Another favorite food, that I can eat daily without getting bored of it is crepes. But the thing with crepes is that I love eating them with savory fillings. So not that long ago, I started having this idea of combining these two and making a crepes lasagna. And well I made Crepes Lasanga with spinach & ricotta cheese and it turned out so delicious. Seriously my new favorite thing. And I’m now absolutely obsessed with it. I don’t think there’s a word to describe how amazing is this crepes lasagna and how yummy it tastes. You just need to make it!
Crepes Lasagna with Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Recipe
This Crepes Lasagna is so flavorful, cheesy, spinach infused, super creamy, healthy, very simple to make and beyond delicious! Plus it is completely gluten-free and Low FODMAP. It makes a great lunch or dinner, it keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 days so its great for meal preps!
How to make this Crepes Lasagna with Spinach & Ricotta Cheese?
This Lasagna is super simple and easy to make. There are 3 components that you need to make:
1.Gluten-Free Cepes. This is the best recipe that I’ve made for gluten-free crepes
2. Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Filling. For this filling, you will only need 4 ingredients.
3. And the gluten-free bechamel sauce, which is so simple to make!
In the end, you need to assemble it together and bake for about 20min, and voila the crepes lasagna is done!
To find the exact ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
what flour to use to make it?
I like to use my universal homemade gluten-free flour blend, if you can’t make that one, you can try with any gluten-free flour mix (just make sure it contains xanthan gum because that helps in binding the dough). The final result using different flour mix might vary slightly, depending on what flours your mix contains.
* fodmap tip:
*To make sure that your flour mix is fodmap friendly I recommend that you make your own gluten-free flour mix, I always make this one. Or always read the ingredients of the store-bought gluten-free flour mixes. Make sure your mix doesn’t contain soy flour, chickpea/besan/gram/garbanzo bean flour, lentil flour, coconut flour, amaranth flour, or lupin flour.
*According to Monash University the low fodmap serving size for ricotta cheese is 40g. This recipe uses 120g ricotta cheese but it serves 3 people (or portions). 120 divided by 3 is 40g per serving.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Crepes Lasagna with Spinach & Ricotta Cheese
- 10 gluten free Crepes
- 150 g mozzarella
For the spinach & ricotta filling
- 300 g spinach
- 120 g ricotta cheese * see FODMAP tips above
- 100 g lactose-free cream cheese
- 1 eggs
- 50 g parmesan cheese
For the bechammel sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)
- salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Follow this recipe, to make the easiest and most delicious gluten-free crepes.
- Preheat your oven to 180C degrees.
- Once you have your crepes done, continue by making the spinach and ricotta filling.
- Melt butter or olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the spinach and saute for about 5 to 8 min. Once the spinach is cooked, drain it well from all the water and add it in a mixing bowl, then add the ricotta cheese, 1 egg and the grated parmezan cheese. Season according to taste. And mix all the ingredients totheter, until they are well combined.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted (or warm oil). Add the gluten-free flour and whisk until smooth. Continue whisking for about 3min or until the mixture turns urns a light, golden sandy color.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the flour mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Season with salt and nutmeg, and set aside until ready to use.
- Once both the béchamel and the spinach & ricotta filling are done, you can start assembling your lasagna.
- I'm using a baking dish with this dimensions: 28x17x6cm
- The first layer of the lasagna should be the spinach & ricotta filling, then one layer of crepes then the filling again, the béchamel sauce and the mozarella cheese, and then another layer of crepes .Repeat this until all your ingredients are finished. The last layer of the lasagna should be the spinach and ricotta filling topped with cheese .
- Cover the lasagna with aluminium foil and place it in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25min on 190C (375F) degrees. In the last 5min take out the aluminium foil.
- Serve while it is warm.