low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓
Dutch Baby is probably one of my favorite pancakes. As much as I love sweet pancakes sometimes I like the savory options. This gluten-free savory Dutch Baby with Prosciutto and Parmesan is just the best savory pancake that I’ve ever had. Prosciutto and Parmesan go so well together and make this pancake taste absolutely heavenly!
Gluten-Free Savory Dutch Baby with Prosciutto and Parmesan Recipe
This pancake is flavorful, savory, tender with crispy edges, low FODMAP, very simple to make and so delicious!
It is perfect on its own but even better topped with fresh herbs and mozzarella cheese.
How to make this Gluten-Free Savory Dutch Baby with Prosciutto and Parmesan?
Dutch baby is one of the easiest recipes to make! Simply mix all the ingredients with a mixer or in a blender and pour over a hot skillet. Bake for 20 to 25min and that’s it! Your pancake is done!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
what flour to use to make it?
I like to use my universal homemade gluten-free flour blend. Which is a mix of the following flours :
3. Sweet Rice Flour (Glutinous Rice aka Sticky Rice)
4. Tapioca Flour (tapioca starch is the same as tapioca flour)
5. Xanthan Gum
If you can’t make that one, you can try with any gluten-free flour mix (just make sure it contains xanthan gum because that helps in binding the dough). The final result using different flour mix might vary slightly, depending on what flours your mix contains.
To find the recipe for my gluten-free flour mix click, HERE.
* fodmap tip:
*To make sure that your flour mix is fodmap friendly I recommend that you make your own gluten-free flour mix, I always make this one. Or always read the ingredients of the store-bought gluten-free flour mixes. Make sure your mix doesn’t contain soy flour, chickpea/besan/gram/garbanzo bean flour, lentil flour, coconut flour, amaranth flour, or lupin flour.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Gluten-Free Savory Dutch Baby with Prosciutto and Parmesan
- 40 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml lactose-free milk
- 80 g gluten-free flour
- 100 g Prosciutto
- 80 g grated parmesan cheese
- salt according to taste
- fresh herbs
- mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (450°F). Place 20g of the butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Place the skillet in the center of the oven for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Blend on high for 30 seconds to one minute, or until the batter is smooth. Make sure no large clumps of flour remain. In the end stir in grated parmesan cheese and cubes of Prosciutto.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet. Place the skillet in the center of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pancake is fully puffed and browned on top. DO NOT open the oven during the first 15 minutes of cooking or you might deflate your pancake
- Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven and top with more grated parmesan, torn mozzarella cheese and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy! 🙂