Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble. If you have a sweet tooth and you like your breakfast to taste like a fruitcake, then this is the recipe for you!
This Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble is:
- Fruity and Refreshing
- With a rich vanilla taste
- Naturally sweet
- Gluten Free
- LOW FODMAP
- Nut Free
- Uses simple ingredients that you can find in your pantry
- Takes only 30min to make!
This Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble doesn’t only make a great, sweet and nutritious breakfast but is perfect as a summer dessert. And this recipe is the formula for a simple, sweet and refreshing, nutritious treat.
I like making the Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble as a speedy breakfast on a busy morning, but it also keeps well and tastes amazing to make it the night before!
Baked strawberries that have previously been marinated in vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup, take their already sweet and rich taste to the next level. And a crispy topping of oats and sunflower seeds give this crumble that cake-like consistency.
For me, this is one light easy to digest dessert, and I have no problem finishing it all by myself. (Though truth be told that’s the only way I eat desserts 🙂 )
Instead of nuts, this recipe uses sunflower seeds which are rich in magnesium, vitamin E, and B, and are a great replacement for people who have nut allergies.
And the strawberries aren’t only the best and most delicious fruit out there, but they are incredibly nutritious and amazing for your body too.
If you are looking for other simple dessert-like breakfast ideas, check out my:
Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble
- FOR THE BASE:
- 100 gr Oat Flour
- 50 gr Whole Oats
- 180 gr Groud sunflower seed
- 80 gr Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbs Water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- FRUIT LAYER:
- 250 gr strawberries fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Marinate the strawberries with vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Grease your tart tin with coconut oil and spread the strawberries equally.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients for the base, add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Cover the fruit and place the crumble in the oven to bake for 20 to 30 min on 180C(fan), or until golden brown crisp is formed.
- Serve with a vegan or lactose-free ice cream. (optional)
- And don't forget to enjoy 🙂
2. Use pure maple syrup (low FODMAP) not maple flavored syrup (as that one could be high FODMAP).