Low FODMAP Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges. If you like fries and snaking but at the same time you are trying to eat healthier, feel good and stay in the safe Low FODMAP side, I understand your struggle. And I got just the recipe for you!
These Low FODMAP Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges are:
- Soft and tender on the inside
- Crispy on the outside
- Perfectly Spiced
- Very yummy
- Super Healthy
Sweet potatoes are truly my favorite food. They go well in a variety of forms and recipes, from sweet such as cakes and brownies to savory like soups, stews, and even pasta. They are an ingredient that can make any recipe taste more delicious! I prefer them on their own, and probably that’s the reason why this is my favorite sweet potato recipe. Their natural sweet taste goes incredibly well with the sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, chili, cumin, cinnamon, and garlic, striking the perfect balance between sweet chili and salty.
On days like this, when the sky kisses the ground, and all you see from your window is just endless white mist, the spicy sweet potatoes wedges make my ultimate comfort food.
Low FODMAP Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbs Garlic-infused olive oil*
- 1 Tbs Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1 t bs cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs sea salt
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- 1/2 tbs chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice them in thick and even wedges (skin on)
- In a big bowl add the oil, salt and the mix of spices.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss together until all sides are evenly coated.
- Place the wedges onto a baking tray (make sure you arrange them in a single layer)
- Bake the wedges for 40min, until they are golden brown and soft. Flip them over during cooking to make sure that they are evenly cooked.