low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓
I love making no-bake tarts. They are the perfect dessert for the summer! Don’t you agree? Turning on the oven when it is 35C degrees outside, is just not happing! I’ve been experimenting with different no-bake tarts and one of my favorite experiments turned out to be this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Tart. I never imagined that peanut butter and cheesecake can go so well together.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Tart Recipe
This tart is super creamy, perfectly sweetened, rich, flavorful and so delicious! Plus it is low FODMAP and gluten-free.
How to make this tart?
It is SO EASY! There are 3 super simple steps to make this tart:
1. Make the crust. (To make the crust simply mix crushed biscuits with melted butter)
2. Make the peanut butter cheesecake filling. (For this you will only need 4 ingredients, and can’t be easier than mixing all the ingredients together)
3. In the end pour the peanut butter cheesecake filling over the crust, make chocolate ganache and pour it over the filling. And that is it!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
*Use lactose-free cream cheese.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Tart
- I used 6 inches/15cm tart pan
For the crust
- 150 g gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 90 g unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
- 400 g lactose-free cream cheese
- 80 g smooth peanut butter
- 100 g confectioners sugar
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g lactose free heavy cram
To make the crust:
- Place the gluten-free biscuits in a food processor and crush until finely ground. If you don't have a food processor, you can crush your biscuits by placing them in an airtight bag and rolling them with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl, add the melted butter and vanilla extract. And mix it well until everything is well combined and the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture in a tart pan with a removable bottom. (I used a 6inch tart pan, if using bigger you might need to increase the amounts of the ingredients)
- Place the crust in the fridge to chill while you are preparing the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- In another bowl cream together the cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Then add the peanut butter and mix again, until everything is well combined.
- Pour the filling over the tart crust
- Place it in the fridge to chill for at least 1h
To make the chocolate ganache
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the tart.
- Let it set before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂