low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓| nut-free ✓ |soy-free ✓ |egg-free ✓|vegetarian ✓ |
Recently I found this Gluten-Free Pasta shells from the gluten free brand Consenza. I was so happy that I can finally make stuffed pasta. I haven’t had stuffed pasta in years. Since I’ve started eating gluten-free I usually always found only 4 types of pasta (panne, fusilli, spaghetti, and tagliatelle). Yeah, a gluten-free diet can be quite boring. So can you imagine my happiness when I found these gluten free pasta shells by Consenza! I really felt like I’ve found gold rather than pasta, I’m not even joking. The first thing that popped in my head was to make Low FODMAP Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells. My mom used to make them for me when I was little and I’ve missed them so much.
Low FODMAP Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
This dish is light yet filling, super flavorful, healthy, low fodmap and easy to digest. It makes a great mid-week dinner as it is super simple to make. I’ve been making it a few times in the past week. I just can’t get enough of these gluten-free pasta shells!
How to make these Low FODMAP Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
This is one of the easiest dishes to make. It takes about 30min to make. There are just 3 steps to do. Soften the pasta shells in boiling water, prepare the ricotta and spinach filling, combine it together with the marinara sauce in a baking dish. For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of this page.
*If using store-bought marinara sauce, read the ingredients list as there might be onion or garlic in some.
*If you are using store-bought garlic-infused olive oil, make sure there are no floating bits of garlic in it. You can also make Garlic Infused olive oil at home by frying garlic cloves in the olive oil until they are golden and fragrant. Then remove them from the oil and continue cooking your meal.
*Ricotta Cheese is low FODMAP in 40g per portion.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Low FODMAP Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 250 g gluten-free pasta shells
- 300 g spinach
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g lactose-free cheddar cheese
- 50 g parmesan
- 300 ml marinara sauce (fodmap friendly)* see FODMAP Tips
- 4 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian herb mix
- salt & pepper according to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Soften the pasta shells in boiling water for 5 min.
- To prepare the filling. Chop the spinach and mix it with the ricotta cheese, grated cheddar cheese, parmesan (save a little bit of the cheese for the top), 2 tablespoons of the garlic-infused olive oil and salt and pepper according to taste.
- Fill the pasta shells and place them in a baking dish.
- Mix the marinara sauce with 2 Tablespoons of the garlic-infused olive oil, and pour it on the sides of the pasta shells. Top it with the leftover cheese
- Bake for about 30min on a 180C degrees.
- Best to have it warm.