Low Fodmap ✓ | Gluten-Free ✓ | Soy-Free ✓ | Nut-Free ✓ | Dairy-Free (option) ✓
I have always loved the combination of rice and spinach. But I’ve usually always had it in a form of soup or a stew. A couple of days ago I had in mind of making some sort of savory cakes or patties and then I thought of trying my favorite combination in the form of patties. And well I think it is safe to say that this low FODMAP spinach and rice patties are one of the best things I’ve made so far. I’m head over hills obsessed with them 😉 and I can eat them every day! The good news is they are quite healthy too! So why not then?! 😉
Low FODMAP Spinach and Rice Patties Recipe.
They are flavorful, light, filling and so so yum. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, talking about a perfect texture huh ;). They are made of simple and healthy ingredients that are friendly for your tummy. And the most important thing is that these patties are baked (not fried) which makes them even easier for the digestion. I guess now you get the picture why I’m so obsessed with them 🙂
How to make these Spinach and Rice Patties?
They are very simple to make. There are only a handful of ingredients required and 1h to make from start to finish. You will need one pot, one pan and one bowl where you will mix all the ingredients together.
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of this page.
How to make these patties completely dairy-free?
It is easy, just omit the feta cheese. It would taste just as good 🙂
Low FODMAP Spinach and Rice Patties
- 200 gr brown rice
- 300 gr spinach
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- handful of chives (chopped)
- salt (according to taste)
- black pepper (according to taste)
- Start by cooking the brown rice. Follow this method for best results.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and the spinach. Sauté the spinach for 5min or until softened.
- When the rice is done, drain it good and place it in a big mixing bowl. Add the wilted spinach in the same bowl( just make sure that you squeeze the water of the spinach before you add it in the bowl)
- Then in the same bowl add the egg, the crumbled feta cheese, the chives, olive oil and season it according to taste.
- Mix everything well, you can also use your hands to bring all the ingredients together.
- Divide the mixture and start forming your patties. You can make them the size you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line up a baking pan with a baking paper. And place your patties. (just make sure that they have space in-between and are not touching each other.)
- Bake for 30min on 180C or until golden and crispy on the outside.