Gluten Free Cornbread With Feta and Spinach
Simple and delicious Gluten-Free Cornbread With Feta and Spinach.Low FODMAP with a dairy-free option. Super tender, flavorful and moist.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr corse corn flour
- 100 gr gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300 gr spinach
- 300 ml lactose-free milk
- 75 ml cooking oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 100 gr feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven 180C.
2. Start by preparing the spinach. Heat up a frying pan, once hot add a tablespoon of olive oil, and the spinach, season it with a bit of salt and let it sautée over a medium heat until the spinach becomes soft.
3 .Once the spinach is softened, put it in a blender and blend until you get a puree.
4. In one bowl mix all the dry ingredients and in another bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
5. Combine the mixture of the wet and the dry ingredients, by adding the dry ingredients into the mixture of the wet ingredients.
6. Mix it until it is all well combined, and there are no lumps.(you can use a hand mixer)
7. Separate the mixture in two bowls.
8. In one of the bowls add the spinach puree and in the other bowl add the feta cheese.
9. Take a baking dish and grease it with oil or butter.
10. Start by pouring the spinach mixture (pour about 1/3 of your mixture, enough to cover the bottom of your dish ), then continue by pouring the feta mixture again to cover the entire dish. Continue the same way until both of the mixtures are finished. ( the final layer of my bread was the one with the feta cheese, but you can also make the final layer to be the spinach mixture)
11. Bake on 180C for about 40 min or until the bread gets a golden brown crust.( you can also check if its baked throughly with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean then your bread is all done)
12. Let the bread rest and for 10 to 15min before serving it.