Low FODMAP Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
This Low FODMAP Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is super creamy, savory, pumpkin-infused, comforting, satisfying, and just SO DELICIOUS!
- gluten-free pasta of chocice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 garlic clove *see FODMAP tips in the article above
- 470 ml lactose-free milk (or plant based milk for vegan) (2 cups) *
- 230 g canned pumpkin puree (1 cup) *see FODMAP tips in the article above
- 100 g lactose-free cream cheese (or vegan alterantive) (6 tabelspoons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese (or vegan hard cheese)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente, according to package instructions.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Take out all the garlic bits and add the flour, then whisk constantly until it turns a golden color and smells nutty. Slowly pour in the milk a few splashes at a time, whisking constantly to smooth any clumps. Increase the heat to medium-high, then let cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce bubbles and thickens (about 8 to 10 minutes).
Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the pumpkin, cream cheese, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne. Continue whisking until the cream cheese melts and you have a smooth, rich sauce. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan and gently toss to combine.
Top with parmesan cheese. and serve while it is warm. Enjoy! :)