Low FODMAP Shakshuka
This Low FODMAP Shakshuka is perfectly spiced, flavorful, easy to digest, filling, very easy to make, and incredibly delicious!
- 2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 spring onions (only the green parts) chopped
- 1 can (400g) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper (according to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 40 g feta cheese (dairy-free if needed)
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley chopped
Heat the garlic infused olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and green parts of the spring onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
Add spices and cook an additional minute
Pour the can of tomatoes into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir them all in and reduce your heat to a simmer (no lid) for around 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has thickened up.
Crumble in half of the feta cheese and stir again. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
Remove from the heat. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and some crumbled feta cheese.