low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓| nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓| egg-free ✓ | dairy-free (option) ✓
I have always loved the carbonara taste, however, the thought of putting raw eggs in my pasta has always freaked me out a bit. And yes I know, the eggs get cooked from the heat of the pasta, but I still get weirded out from the thought of putting raw eggs in my pasta. Maybe a big reason why I feel this way is because I’m not the biggest fan of eggs, who knows?! But I’ve met other people who feel the same way and well if you are one of us too, then you are in the right place because I got just the recipe for you. This low FODMAP eggless spaghetti carbonara is just as creamy and yum as the traditional carbonara.
Low FODMAP Eggless spaghetti carbonara recipe
This low FODMAP eggless spaghetti carbonara is super creamy, comforting, rich, satisfying and very yummy! It is bursting with flavor and makes a great simple, yet luxuries and filling dinner.
How to make this Eggless spaghetti carbonara?
There are only 3 things you need to do. Fry the bacon, boil the spaghetti and cook the sauce. Then mix it all together and enjoy!
For the detailed step-by-step directions, scroll at the end of this page.
How to make it completely dairy-free?
For the sauce, you can use a vegan cream (like rice or almond-based cooking cream). The cheese you can replace it with vegan cheese.
*If you are using store-bought garlic-infused olive oil, make sure there are no floating bits of garlic in it. You can also make Garlic Infused olive oil at home by frying garlic cloves in the olive oil until they are golden and fragrant. Then remove them from the oil and continue cooking your meal.
Eggless Spaghetti Carbonara (Lactose-Free & Low FODMAP)
- 400 gr gluten-free spaghetti
- 150 g bacon
- 250 ml lactose-free cooking cream (vegan rice/almond cooking cream)
- 50 g grated lactose-free cheddar cheese
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 30 gr freshly grated parmesan (for topping)
- Start by putting the spaghetti to boil.
- While they are boiling, start preparing the carbonara sauce.
- In a pan put the bacon together with the garlic-infused olive oil. And fry it over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until the bacon starts to become crispy.
- Once the bacon is cooked, take it out and in the same pan add the cooking cream and the cheddar and parmesan cheese. (Don't discard the oil left in the pan from the bacon, cook the cream in the oil, that gives all the amazing flavor!)
- Simmer the cream for about 6 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Once it starts to thicken, take it off the heat.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix them together with the cream and the cooked bacon.
- Serve it with some freshly grated parmesan.