If there is one thing I can eat every day in the summer that is ice cream sandwiches! I mean they are the perfect summer treat. One thing that was holding me back from making ice cream sandwiches in the past was finding the right gluten-free cookies for it. Recently I made these Gluten-Free Wafer Cookies, and they are the perfect cookies for making Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
These ice cream sandwiches are made of chocolate cookies that are crisp on the edge but soft and brownie-like in the center. The cookies are sandwiched with no-churn lactose-free raspberry and vanilla ice-cream. Put together you get ice cream sandwiches that are chocolaty, creamy, swirled with vanilla and raspberries, flavorful and so delicious! Plus they are low FODMAP, and completely tummy friendly!
How to make these Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Thy are SO EASY TO MAKE! The simplest treat you can make in the summer!
There are 2 steps in making these sandwiches:
1.Make the gluten free cookies. I used this recipe to make mine.
2. Make no-churn lactose-free raspberry and vanilla ice-cream. For which you will only need 4 simple ingredients.
Assemble together, and your ice cream sandwiches are done! SO EASY!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
How to make lactose free no-churn ice cream?
How to make this Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches?
For the cookies, I have included a vegan option in the recipe. For the ice cream, just use your favorite vegan ice cream.
* FODMAP tip:
All the ingredients used in this recipe are FODMAP friendly, however, As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet .
Gluten-Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 batch Gluten Free Chocolate Wafer Cookies
For the Lactose-Free No-Churn Vanilla and Raspberry Ice Cream
- ½ can (397g) lactose-free sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml lactose-free double cream
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 200 g chopped raspberries (fresh or frozen)
To make the gluten free cookies, use THIS RECIPE.
- For these sandwiches I cut the cookies in rectangles instead of circles.
To make the Lactose-Free No-Churn Vanilla and Raspberry Ice Cream:
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put the lactose-free condensed milk (I used this one), cream and vanilla into a large bowl. Beat with an electric whisk until thick and quite stiff.
- Stir in the chopped raspberries, don't over-mix. You want to have whole pieces of raspberries in the ice-cream. (if you over-mix they will get all smashed and will color your ice cream completely pink)
- Spread the ice cream out in an even layer in the prepared pan, freeze 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Lift the ice cream slab out of the pan using the parchment paper. Working quickly, cut into 12 rectangles. Sandwich each ice cream rectangle between 2 cookies, pressing the cookies into the ice cream gently to adhere.
- Freeze the sandwiches 2 hours, until firm, or up to three months. Let the ice cream sandwiches sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.