This 15min low FODMAP Veggie Omelet makes the perfect breakfast or brunch to start the day with. However, I often like having it for lunch or even dinner. Breakfast for dinner is really my thing.
Low FODMAP Veggie Omelet Recipe
This Omelet is super simple to make, savory, loaded with veggies, healthy, satisfying and so delicious!
It's perfect for a fancy brunch or speedy breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
How to make this Low FODMAP Veggie Omelet?
This Omelet is incredibly easy to make. Simply whisk the eggs, fry them, In another bowl prepare the creamy avocado filling, and in another pan saute the veggies. Assemble and your omelet is ready!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
* FODMAP tips:
*In this recipe I use canned mushrooms. Canned mushrooms are low FODMAP, just make sure to rinse them well before using them.
*According to Monash University avocado is low FODMAP in 30g (or ⅛ of a whole avocado) per serving. In this recipe, I use ¼ of an avocado, if you are at the beginning of the low FODMAP diet use only 30g (⅛ of an avocado) and add more lactose-free cream cheese.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash University FODMAP Diet App
Low FODMAP Veggie Omelet
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp unslated butter
For the filling
- 1 tablespoon garlic infues olive oil
- 50 g cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) (½ cup)
- 80 g canned mushrooms
- 40 g spinach (1 cup)
For the creamy avocado spread
- ¼ avocado
- 30 g lactose-free cream cheese (¼ cup)
- 30 g feta cheese (¼cup)
- ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil
- salt & pepper (according to taste)
- chili flakes (optional)
- Heat garlic infused olive oil in a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes, canned mushrooms and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and sauté or a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes are softened and the spinach wilted.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and mix it with the cream cheese, the feta cheese and a tespoon of the garlic infused olive oil. Squeeze lime juice and season with salt and pepper according to taste
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper
- In an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook without stirring until the edges begin to set. With a silicone spatula, push the edges toward the center of the pan and tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs move to the edge. Repeat until the eggs are somewhat set but still a little soft in the center, about 6 minutes.
- Place the creamy avocado and feta cheese filling ,and the sautéd veggies in a line down the center of the omelette and cook for about 1 minute longer, or until the eggs are mostly set but still a little soft in the center.
- Slide the spatula around one side of the omelette at the edge to loosen it. Slip it under the eggs, and use it to carefully fold the omelette in half. Slide the spatula under the folded omelette to loosen it from the pan. Tilt the pan over a plate and use the spatula to nudge it onto the plate.
- And your omelet is ready! It's Best served warm!