low fodmap ✓ | vegan ✓| gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓ | egg-free ✓ | dairy-free ✓ | refined sugar-free ✓
This Flourless Chocolate-Chip Banana Cake is like banana bread but with fewer ingredients and is easier to make.
Flourless Chocolate-Chip Banana Cake Recipe
This cake is one of the easiest cakes that I’ve ever made! It is tender & moist, banana infused, chocolaty and so delicious! It makes a perfect dessert but I also love having it as breakfast or mid-day snack.
You will love this flourless Chocolate-Chip Banana Cake if you love:
- easy & quick desserts
- banana bread
- banana flavored desserts
What ingredients you will need to make this Flourless Chocolate-Chip Banana Cake?
- Nut Butter (peanut, almond, or hazelnut)
- Rolled Oats
- Chocolate Chips
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
How to make this cake?
To make this cake you will need to follow only 2 very simple steps:
Before you start making the cake preheat the oven to (180C/350F ). And line up an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
STEP 1 – MAKE THE CAKE BATTER
First, we will peel and mash the bananas. And we are going to add them to a bowl together with the nut butter and rolled oats. Using a spatula we will mix everything together. In the end, we are going to fold in some chocolate chips. (reserve half of the chocolate chips for sprinkling on the top of the cake)
STEP 2 – BAKE
Next transfer the dough into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula or a spoon to press it down evenly. Top it with some more chocolate chips and place it in the oven to bake.
Once it is baked, let it cool for a few minutes. Then take it off the pan and slice it into bars. Eating it when it is still warm because the chocolate is all melted and gooey is A-MUST!
Only unripe(green) bananas are FODMAP friendly. However, if using unripe bananas I would recommend that you use a sweetener such as a maple syrup or any FODMAP sweetener of choice.
If you are celiac or highly sensitive to gluten, make sure to buy certified gluten-free oats.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- 6 Ripe Bananas (if following the low FODMAP diet you will need to use unripe bananas)
- 255 g (1 cup) nut-butter of choice
- 360 g (4 cups) rolled oats
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- 80 g (½ cup) chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven to (180C/350F ).
- And line up an 8 by 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Peel and mash 6 medium-seized bananas. And add them to a bowl together with 1 cup of peanut butter and 4 cups of rolled oats. Using a spatula mix everything together.
- At the end we are going to fold in some chocolate chips.(but reserve aboiut 1/2 of the chocolate chips for sprinkling on the top of the cake)
- Tansfer the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula or a spoon to press it down evenly.Top it with some more chocolate chips and place it in the oven to bake.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once it is baked, let it cool for a few minutes. Then take it off the pan, slice it into bars and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE. AND DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS FOR LATER! 😊