I love loaf cakes! They are simple to make and you can easily sneak a slice for breakfast or mid-day snack. And cake for breakfast is always welcomed. This Gluten-Free Lemon and Raspberry Loaf Cake is one of my favorites, as it is very light, perfectly sweetened and that lemon-raspberry combo is undeniable the best! It's hard not to love this cake.
Gluten-Free Lemon and Raspberry Loaf Cake Recipe
This cake is light, fluffy, perfectly sweetened, lemony, flavorful and so delicious!
You can have it on its own, or I love topping it with cream cheese and fresh raspberries. Cream cheese goes so well with the lemon & raspberry flavor.
How to make this Gluten-Free Lemon and Raspberry Loaf Cake?
This is one of the easiest cakes to make. You just need to mix all the ingredients together, pour it in a loaf pan and bake! That is it!
If you want to decorate it, simply top with cream cheese and fresh raspberries.
what flour to use to make it?
I like to use my universal homemade gluten-free flour blend. Which is a mix of the following flours :
3. Sweet Rice Flour (Glutinous Rice aka Sticky Rice)
4. Tapioca Flour (tapioca starch is the same as tapioca flour)
5. Xanthan Gum
If you can’t make that one, you can try with any gluten-free flour mix (just make sure it contains xanthan gum because that helps in binding the dough). The final result using different flour mix might vary slightly, depending on what flours your mix contains.
To find the recipe for my gluten-free flour mix click, HERE.
* FODMAP tip:
All the ingredients used in this recipe are FODMAP friendly, however, As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet.
Gluten-Free Lemon and Raspberry Loaf Cake
- 115 g unsalted butter (½ cup)
- 60 g sugar (½ cup)
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 190 g gluten-free flour (1 ½)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 120 ml lactose-free milk (½)
- 200 g Fresh or Frozen Raspberries (1 cup)
- 200 g lactose free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lactose-free milk
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk until the batter is mixed. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about one hour. The top should be golden brown and spring back when you touch it.
- Let cool.
- To Decorate: Mix the cream cheese with 1tbsp of milk. Spread over the cooled loaf and top with fresh raspberries
- Slice and enjoy! 🙂