Summer is not summer without ice cream, don't you agree? I've always been the biggest ice cream fan! Magnum one in particular. Last year I bought these mini magnum molds and since then I've been experimenting with so many homemade magnum ice creams. And homemade magnums aren't only delicious but also super fun to make! This Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Cream has been my latest obsession! From crunchy chocolate shell to super creamy chocolaty inside and the yummiest strawberry filling, this ice cream is heaven! Chocolate and Strawberry is one of the best and most delicious combinations ever!
Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Creams Recipe
These magnums are super chocolaty, creamy, naturally sweetened, healthy, tummy-friendly and so delicious!
They really are the perfect summer dessert.
How to make these Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Creams?
These magnum ice creams might look all fancy, but they are actually so easy to make! It takes ONLY 15min to prepare them + the freezing time. There are 3 things that you need to do:
1. Make creamy chocolate ice cream, for which you will need only 6 ingredients.
2. Make the strawberry jam-like filling, which requires only 2 ingredients and you can make it while you are making the ice cream.
3. And the last thing to make is the chocolate shell.
To make mine, I used these mini magnum molds. However, you can use any popsicles molds
* FODMAP tip:
* Canned coconut milk is low FODMAP in 60g per serving. This recipe makes 12 mini magnums or 6 big ones and requires only 1 can (400g) of coconut milk. That is 33g or 66g for the big ones per serving.
*All the ingredients used in this recipe are FODMAP friendly, however, As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAPs in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet.
More Dairy-Free Desserts
Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Creams
For the Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 50 ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped (use vegan, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Filling
- 100 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
For the Chocolate Shell
- 300 g dark chocolate (use vegan, if needed)
- 3 tablespoon Coconut oil
To Make the Chocolate Ice Cream:
- In a medium-size pot, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Add the chopped chocolate. Set the pot over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and the chocolate has melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
To make the Strawberry filling
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries and maple syrup. Let it simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir. Once the strawberries start to soften, transfer them in a blender. Blend to make a smooth spread.
- Fill your ice cream molds with the chocolate ice cream about half full, then drizzle of the strawberry filling, and in the end pour another layer of the chocolate ice cream. Or until your molds are completely full.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 3 to 4 hours. Then prepare your dipping sauce.
To make the dipping sauce (chocolate shell)
- Melt the dark chocolate together with the coconut oil over a warm bath or in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a taller bowl or glass, that will allow dipping in the ice creams.
- Take the ice creams out of the freezer. Start dipping them in the melted chocolate and place them over a plate covered with a baking paper. You need to do this quickly so the ice creams don't start to melt. Once all the ice creams are covered with chocolate, place them back in the freezer. Keep in the freezer until ready to eat!