low fodmap ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | gluten-free ✓
I’ve been wanting to make pulled pork since forever, but I’ve been putting it off because for some reason I thought that it’s hard to slow-roast meat. ????I don’t know why I ever thought that it’s literally the easiest thing in the world. But doesn’t matter anymore, I finally made low FODMAP pulled pork sliders, they turned out so delicious, and they were incredibly simple and easy to make! So I’m very excited to share the recipe with you now!
Low FODMAP Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe.
These sliders are hearty, satisfying, BBQ Infused, smokey, flavorful, incredibly delicious, and super easy to make! They are perfect for parties, picnics and of course summer BBQs (because what’s a summer BBQ without some pork sliders, right? )
How to make these Low FODMAP Pulled Pork Sliders?
There are 4 things that you will need to make for this sliders:
1.Make the pulled pork. I slow-cooked my pork in the oven but you can also do it in a slow cooker.
2.Make the Low FODMAP BBQ sauce. Omit if using store-bought.
3.Make the slaw
4. Assemble the sliders.
The only reason why it takes longer to make them is because of the time needed to slow cook the pork. The sliders itself take no time to make!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
what bread to use in this recipe?
For this recipe, I used a gluten-free wholesome white loaf bread from Schar. This bread is certified to be low FODMAP under the Monash University.
Schar is one of the biggest gluten-free brands in Europe, now they also have a line of products that are certified to be low FODMAP too.
You can also use different gluten-free bread.
*If you are using store-bought BBQ make sure it is low FODMAP. If you can’t find one in the supermarkets, check out this recipe for simple homemade low FODMAP BBQ sauce
*If you are using store-bought garlic-infused olive oil, make sure there are no floating bits of garlic in it. You can also make Garlic Infused olive oil at home by frying garlic cloves in the olive oil until they are golden and fragrant. Then remove them from the oil and continue cooking your meal.
* Cabbage is low FODMAP in 75g per serving. Make sure you stay within the recommended low FODMAP serving guidelines
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. The best place to find all the info on which foods are high in FODMAP’s is Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Low FODMAP Pulled Pork Sliders
For the Pork
- 1 kg pork shoulder or butt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 carrots (cut into halves)
For the slaw
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced or peeled leghtwise
- 2 carrots, sliced or peeled lengthwise
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper according to taste
- For the homemade Low FODMAP BBQ sauce, check the link in the instructions
- 15 gluten free hamburger buns
To Make the Pork
- In a small bowl, combine garlic infused olive oil, brown sugar, salt, paprika, cumin, then season with black pepper.Rub the mixture all over the pork shoulder. Wrap the pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 150C° (300F°) .
- Place the pork in a large pot on a bed of the carrot halves. Roast until fork-tender and falling apart, about 7 hours. Remove the pork from the pot and set it on a cutting board. Slice some carrots.
- Shred the meat with two forks, add the sliced carrots to the pork, add it in a bowl and toss in the barbecue sauce until it's coated to your liking!
To Make the Low FODMAP BBQ sauce follow this recipe.
To make the colslaw
- Combine the green cabbage, carrots, cucumber, apple. In a separate bowl make the sauce by whisking the yogurt with oil, mayonnaise,and dijon mustard.
- Combine the veggies with the suce and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste
To Assemble the sliders
- Take a bun, add a layer of the pork, then a layer of the coleslaw and BBQ sauce (optional). Close the bun, serve and enjoy! 🙂