low fodmap ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | nut-free✓ | soy-free ✓ | dairy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓ | vegetarian ✓
Pizza is probably one of my favorite low effort dinners and definitely a Friday evening tradition. However, being gluten-free and having to make your own pizza dough isn’t exactly low effort. Unless you are using pre-made crusts where you only need to add the toppings, but those are usually quite pricy. So not that long ago I created this potato crust pizza and it’s literally one of the best and easiest recipes that I’ve made. And low effort pizza night is back!
Potato Crust Pizza
This potato crust pizza is crispy on the edges and tender in the middle, savory, healthy and so delicious! Plus it is completely low fodmap, gluten, grain, soy, oil, and dairy-free!
How to make this Potato Crust Pizza?
This recipe requires only 2 ingredients and 20min to make! Yes, it’s absolutely mind-blowing how simple it is! As for toppings, you can use anything that you desire!
Shall we start?
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
*The ingredients used to make the crust are all naturally low FODMAP. However for the toppings that you choose to use make sure to read the labels as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. The best place to find all the info on which foods are high in FODMAP’s is Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Looking for more simple gluten and yeast free pizza crusts?
Check out these my:
Potato Crust Pizza
- 650 g grated potatos (approximetly 4 medium potatos)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper (according to taste)
- use toppings of choiche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F )
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Place the grated potatoes into a muslin cloth or kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Remove the potatoes from the kitchen towel or muslin cloth and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the eggs and season with salt and black pepper.Mix until well combined.
- Place the grated potato mixture onto a lined baking sheet and press out to form a circle. It should be arund 12 inches (30cm in diameter)
- Bake without toppings on 180°C (350°F) for between 20 and 25 minutes or until the crust is crispy and browned at the top and around the edges.
- Remove the baked crust from the oven and top with a tomato sauce and toppings of your choice. Place the topped pizza back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the toppings are baked to your preference.
Low FODMAP Tomato Sauce
- For the tomato sauce I like to use my homemade low FODMAP tomato sauce. You can find the recipe here