There is no BBQ without a good BBQ Sauce, right? But depending on where you live, buying a Low FODMAP BBQ can be a bit challenging. So I made this super simple 6 ingredients low FODMAP BBQ Sauce! It's incredibly easy to make and tastes even better than the store-bought ones!
Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce Recipe
This BBQ sauce is rich, flavorful, savory, smoky, perfectly sweetened, and absolutely yummy. It's perfect for BBQ but goes just as well with fries (or potatoes of any kind), burgers, and even cheesy toasties.
How to make this Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce.
This BBQ Sauce is super easy to make. There are only 6 simple ingredients and it takes only 15min to make.
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
You can make this BBQ Sauce ahead of time, store it in a jar closed with a lid and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
* FODMAP tip:
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAPs in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Not every Worcestershire Sauce is gluten-free. If you are celiac or highly allergic to gluten buy only Certified Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce.
Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups tomato puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅓ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cummin (optional)
- salt & peper (according to taste)
- In a medium-size saucepan whisk together the tomato puree, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic-infused oil, smoked paprika, (and if using ground cumin ). Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, eason lightly for now because the flavors will change.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Season again with salt and pepper, if needed. If you would like more spice, add more cayenne.Cook for about a minute more to blend the flavors. Remove from the heat, allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.