low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ |lactose-free ✓| yeast-free ✓ |vegetarian ✓ | dairy-free (option) ✓
You can probably tell by the number of pasta recipes posted here on my blog, that I just can’t get enough of pasta! This Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta have been my latest obsession! It’ such a flavorful summer dish and takes no time to make!
Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta Recipe
This pasta is super creamy, flavorful, healthy, satisfying and so delicious!
The sauce is customizable, you can easily add extra herbs, cheese, veggies, or protein.
How to make this Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta?
This is the easiest pasta recipe! All that you need to do is roast the peppers and tomatoes. Blend them with cream cheese and olive oil, season, and stir it in boiled pasta! That is it!
It’s a perfect meal for busy days as you can roast the pepper and tomatoes in advance and just blend them when you want to use them. It literally takes 5 minutes plus the time to boil the pasta!
How to make this pasta Vegan?
You can easily make this pasta vegan, simply replace the cream cheese and parmesan cheese for vegan options and there you have it!
All the ingredients used in this recipe are FODMAP friendly, however, As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself on which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet.
Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 toamto
- 2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 80 g lactose-free cream cheese (or vegan)
- 50 g Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- pasta of choice
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) and roast red peppers and tomato on a baking sheet until charred – about 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds and stems. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil and set aside.
- Transfer roasted pepper and tomato in a blender, add the cream cheese, garlic-infused olive oil, season with desired amount of salt and blend.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Once blended pour the sauce over the cooked pasta add the parmesan cheese and place it back on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, for the sauce to thicken and combine with the pasta.
- Serve whith more freshly garted parmesan cheese and. or fresh herbs.
- Enjoy 🙂