These are the fluffiest and most flavourful gluten-free pumpkin donuts on the internet!
These donuts take only 30min to make, require just a handful of simple ingredients, and are baked! They are delicious plain or topped with powdered sugar & cinnamon or brown sugar glaze!
Fall is here and I can’t think of a better breakfast than gluten-free donuts with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice! You can make them in a regular or a mini size and you can use a donut pan, muffin pan, or a donut maker.
These donuts are baked, if you are looking for fried donuts you can check out my recipe for THE BEST Gluten-Free Yeast Raised Donuts.
Why you will love these donuts
- The texture! They are so soft, light, and fluffy!
- Pumpkin infused. They are bursting with pumpkin spice flavor.
- No mixer is needed. Yep, you can make these donuts with just a whisk.
- Easy to make! These pumpkin donuts are one of the easiest things that you can bake!
- Ready in 30 minutes.
- Delicious plain, with powdered sugar and cinnamon or with brown sugar icing.
Ingredients & Substitutes
Light cooking oil. Like sunflower or canola oil
Eggs. The eggs give these donuts that light, fluffy and airy text so I’m afraid you can’t substitute the eggs with anything else.
Sugar. I use regular granulated sugar but you can use light brown sugar or caster sugar.
Pumpkin puree. You can either buy canned or make it yourself. If you want to make it yourself you can check out this recipe
Pumpkin pie spice. You can also make this yourself by mixing 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger, and ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves.
Baking powder. Baking powder helps to make these donuts fluffy and light.
Salt. I recommend adding a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness.
How to make these gluten-free pumpkin donuts
STEP 1 - MAKE THE DONUT BATTER.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth. Whisk in the flour.
STEP 2 - BAKE THE DONUTS
Fill the wells of the doughnut pan or a donut maker.
If you are making them in the donut maker bake them until it shows ready. If baking them in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes at 350F (180C) or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. If you use a mini donut pan for mini donuts you will need to bake them for about 10 minutes.
You can serve them as they are or dusted with a mix of powdered sugar and cinnamon.
These gluten-free pumpkin donuts are great on their own but you can also top them with powdered sugar and cinnamon or brown sugar glaze.
The best way to fill the donut pan is to pipe the batter using a piping bag. You can easily make one yourself from a ziplock bag.
Cover leftover donuts and store them at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
Yes, of course! You can make homemade pumpkin puree, it’s very easy! Check out this recipe! You can also make butternut squash puree.
Unfortunately, I don’t think you can omit or replace the eggs in this recipe, at least I haven’t tested an egg-free version.
More Fall Desserts
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts
- Donut Maker or Donut Pan
- 2 tablespoon light cooking oil like sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour (1 ¼ cup)
For Dusting (optional)
- 4 tablespoon a mix of powder sugar and cinnamon
- Grease and preheat a donut maker. If you don't have a donut maker, grease a donut pan and preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Fill the wells of the doughnut maker or pan about ¾ full.
- If you are making them in the donut maker bake until it shows ready. If baking them in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes on 180C or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- You can serve them as they are or dusted with a mix of powder sugar and cinnamon.
- Best served warm.