I don't know about you, but creamy pasta dishes are my weakness, especially in the winter, when it's snowing outside and all I want to do is be under the blanket, with some of my favorite movies on. I feel like on those occasions a bowl of creamy pasta is a must-have (or a must-eat). Recently I've been absolutely obsessed with this creamy spinach pasta. I'm not sure what I love more about this pasta, how incredibly easy it is to make, or how unbelievably delicious it tastes! (probably both, and that's why it has been my favorite).
Creamy Spinach Pasta Recipe
This pasta is super creamy, rich, satisfying, savory, comforting, very simple to make, tummy-friendly, and just so delicious! The spinach and feta combo gives this pasta that spanakopita flavor. Which is one of the best flavors.
It makes a great speedy lunch or dinner and it is perfect for busy days!
How to make this Creamy Spinach Pasta?
This Pasta is incredibly easy to make, it requires only 5 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS and it is done in 20 MINUTES! Yes, it is a dream come true!
To find the exact amount of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll at the end of this page.
How to make this pasta vegan?
You can easily make this pasta vegan, simply replace the cream cheese, and parmesan cheese for vegan options, and there you have it!
What kind of pasta to use?
If you are gluten-free, you can use any gluten-free pasta of choice. I like using gluten-free penne. However, if you are following the low FODMAP diet avoid using pasta made of chickpeas, green peas, or lentils as these ingredients are all high FODMAP.
More easy pasta meals
- Low FODMAP Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- Low FODMAP Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Pasta
- Eggless Spaghetti Carbonara
- Tuna Pesto Pasta
Creamy Spinach Pasta
- 2 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 150 g spinach (chopped)
- 300 g lactose-free cream cheese *use plant-based for vegan
- 100 g feta cheese *use plant-based feta style cheese for vegan
- salt & black pepper according to tatse
- 300 g gluten free pasta of choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- In a large pan, heat up garlic inused olive oil, add the spinach and sauté on medoum heat or 5min or until the spinach is wilted .
- Add the cream cheese and let it cook on medium heat for another 5-8 minutes. Add the crumbled feta cheese and cook for about 3-4minutes or until the feta is melted.
- Stir in the pasta, add reserved cooking liquid if needed to loosen sauce.