low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓
My Favorite pancake! I finally made gluten-free dutch-baby. And it turned out to be super simple to make and so delicious!
I always wondered why it is called Dutch Baby?🤔 If anyone knows the story, feel free to share it
Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Recipe
This dutch baby is light, fluffy, rich and so yum! I love having it with fresh berries, powder sugar and/or maple syrup. It makes a filling and satisfying breakfast or brunch.
How to Make this Gluten-Free Dutch Baby?
It is one of the simplest and easiest things to make! Just mix all the ingredients together, pour it in heated cast iron and bake for 30min. It can’t any easier than that.
For the step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of the page.
what flour to use to make it?
For this recipe, you will need to use a gum-free gluten-free flour blend. If you wanna make your own for this recipe mix: (70g white rice flour, 20g potato starch, and 10 tapioca flour/starch.)
* fodmap tip:
*To make sure that your flour mix is fodmap friendly I recommend that you make your own gluten-free flour mix. Or always read the ingredients of the store-bought gluten-free flour mixes. Make sure your mix doesn’t contain soy flour, chickpea/besan/gram/garbanzo bean flour, lentil flour, coconut flour, amaranth flour, or lupin flour.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
More simple breakfast ideas like this one:
Gluten Free Dutch Baby
- 9 inch Cast Iron Pan
- 100 g gum-free gluten-free flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml lactose-free milk
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
- mixed berries (optional)
- powder sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 C and melt butter in a 9-inch skillet over low heat.
- In a blender, place the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, and blend just until smooth. You can also add all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix them with a mixer. The batter will be thin.
- Once the butter is melted swirl it around the skillet to ensure all sides are coated
- Working quickly, pour the batter into the skillet and place it directly in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- I like to top it with powder sugar or maple syrup and fresh berries. Or use toppings of your choice.