low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | nut-free✓ | soy-free ✓ |
I was never the biggest meat lover but my mom’s meatballs are the best thing I’ve tried in my life! And maybe the reason why I never became a full-time vegan or vegetarian. You would feel the same way if you try them! 🙂 And luckily with a few replacements, I was able to recreate her recipe in a low fodmap and gluten-free version. Friends, you’ve gotta try these low fodmap meatballs because they are the best meatballs out there, I can guarantee you that! 😉
Low FODMAP Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs are so flavorful, tender on the inside with a crust on the outside, Italian herb-infused, satisfying, simple to make and super delicious! I love having them with spaghetti and my simple low fodmap tomato sauce.
How to make these low fodmap meatballs?
This is one of the simplest recipes that I’ve shared. It requires only 7 ingredients and takes 30min to make!
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of this page.
*If you are buying a gluten-free bread that is not certified to be low FODMAP, make sure to check the label, as there can be hidden FODMAPs.
*You can replace the chives with spring onions (only the green parts)
*If you are using store-bought garlic-infused olive oil, make sure there are no floating bits of garlic in it. You can also make Garlic Infused olive oil at home by frying garlic cloves in the olive oil until they are golden and fragrant. Then remove them from the oil and continue cooking your meal.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Low FODMAP Meatballs
- 250 g ground pork
- 250 g ground beef
- 3 slices of gluten-free bread
- 2 eggs
- 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian herbs mix
- 3 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- salt and pepper according to taste
- light oil for frying (omit if you are baking them)
- Soak the bread slices in water for a few seconds, until completely softened. Drain them and add them in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- If frying, heat up cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil hot, add the formed meatballs to fry. Fry on every side, until golden brown.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 200C. Cover a baking tray with a baking paper and place the meatballs. Bake for about 25 to 30min, or until the meatballs are crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- Once the meatballs are cooked add them in the marinara sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti or pasta of choice.