This Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie is a creamy and delicious drink comprising peanut butter, ripe bananas, greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract. If you love peanut butter then you have to try this smoothie!
💭 What is Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie?
This is a Tropical Cafe’s copycat recipe.
This smoothie is made of peanut butter, greek yogurt, frozen bananas, milk, and vanilla extract. In their original recipe, Tropical Cafe uses water, ice, and turbinado sugar. However, I have found that the smoothie tastes better when you replace the water with milk and the ice with frozen fruit. Also, I have skipped adding a sweetener as the bananas are sweet. However, if you want it sweeter you can always add a sweetener of choice.
You can enjoy this smoothie as a breakfast, snack, or dessert. This smoothie is decadent thick, creamy, perfectly sweetened, and most importantly healthy!
If you are looking for more smoothies by Tropical Cafe then you should check out the Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie and Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie.
❤️ Why you will love this smoothie
- Healthy and guilt-free treat. This smoothie is like a peanut butter dessert in a cup. Due to the creamy texture, it looks a lot like a milkshake but thanks to the nutritious ingredients that it contains it is a lot healthier!
- Easy to make. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make! Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend! It takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- Customizable. You can easily customize this smoothie with add-ins or toppings according to your taste and preferences. You can find some ideas below.
🥜 Ingredients and substitutes
Peanut Butter. This is the hero ingredient in this smoothie. In addition to providing so much flavor, it also contributes to creating that creamy texture.
Frozen bananas. I recommend using ripe bananas as they are sweeter. If you want a thick and creamy consistency you should use frozen bananas. If you don’t have frozen abbas you can add a few ice cubes.
Greek Yogurt. Amplifies the creaminess and provides that tangy and refreshing flavor. You can also use skyr or plant-based Greek yogurt.
Milk. The milk helps to blend all of the ingredients. You can adjust the consistency by adding less or more milk. You can use normal or dairy-free milk.
Vanilla extract. This is optional but highly recommended!
🥣 How to make this smoothie
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
To a blender add milk, greek yogurt, frozen bananas, peanut butter, and vanilla extract if using.
Step 2: Blend
Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Adjust the desired consistency by adding more or less milk.
Step 3: Serve
Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Expert Tips
Peanut Paradise Smoothie is very easy to make, but there are a few tips that can help you get the creamiest and most delicious smoothie
- Use frozen bananas. Frozen fruit creates that thick and creamy texture!
- Use cold ingredients to ensure that the smoothie keeps the thick texture for longer. Room-temperature ingredients will create a soft texture.
- Use a high-power blender. If your blender is weak then it will be more difficult to blend frozen fruit.
- Add the liquid ingredients first, this will help to make the blending easier.
Chocolate. If you love peanut butter cup treats then adding 1 teaspoon of chocolate would be a great idea!
Cinnamon. Cinnamon adds warmth and goes so well with peanut butter and banana. Add ¼ teaspoon for a delicious cinnamon-flavored smoothie.
Protein powder. For a protein, boost add a scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla or chocolate flavor would go great here!)
Seeds. Add a tablespoon of chia seeds or flaxseeds to make your smoothie more nutritious.
Vegan. You can make this smoothie vegan by using dairy-free milk and yogurt.
Toppings. You can serve your peanut paradise tropical smoothie with sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a drizzle of peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, or granola.
Yes if you don't have frozen banana you can use ice cubes to get that thick and creamy consistency
Yes, you can! Almonds, cashew, hazelnut, or pecan will all taste great. Sunflower Seed butter could be an excellent option for anyone with a nut allergy.
🔖 Storage Instructions
Refrigerator: Store leftover smoothies in a jar with a lid or airtight container and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Shake well before drinking.
Freezer: This smoothie freezes well and you can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Use freezer-safe bags or ice cubes. Thaw the smoothie in freezer bags in the fridge overnight before using. If the smoothie is frozen in ice cubes, you can defrost it by adding the frozen smoothie cubes to a blender and blending until smooth and creamy.
🧉 More Smoothie Recipes
- Bahama Mama Smoothie
- Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Detox Island Green Tropical Smoothie
Did you make this? Tell me about it! Leave a ⭐ REVIEW and COMMENT below!
Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extarct
- To a blender add milk, greek yogurt, frozen banana slices, peanut butter and vanilla extract (if using).
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Use less milk for thicker consistency or add more milk if you want a thinner smoothie.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately. Optionally serve with banana slices, drizzle of peanut butter or chopped peanuts.