This Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie is an indulging, creamy, and healthy treat that tastes like peanut butter cups! To make it you will need only 5 easy ingredients and 5 minutes of your time!
💭 What is Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie
This is a copycat recipe from the Tropical Cafe’s Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie.
The smoothie combines frozen bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter, milk, and maple syrup. All these ingredients are simple and nutritious, making this smoothie great for a breakfast or mid-day snack!
❤️ Why you will love this smoothie
- It's a delicious treat that satisfies sweet cravings - the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is always a winner!
- It's a healthier alternative to peanut butter cups. This smoothie is made with wholesome and natural ingredients like bananas cacao powder, peanut butter, milk, and maple syrup.
- Easy and quick to make. To make this smoothie you will need only 5 minutes! This makes it great for busy days.
🥜 Ingredients & Substitutes
Peanut Butter. The peanut butter gives this smoothie a rich flavor and creamy texture. I recommend that you use natural peanut butter without added salt or sugar.
Cocoa Powder goes so well with peanut butter and gives this smoothie that rich chocolate flavor. I recommend that you use unsweetened cocoa powder.
Frozen Bananas. The bananas provide sweeteners and creaminess to this smoothie. I suggest using frozen bananas for the best texture!
Milk. Milk helps to blend all of the ingredients. You can use any regular or dairy-free milk
Maple Syrup. I like using maple syrup, however, you can use any sweetener of choice.
🥛 How to make this smoothie
1. Prepare the ingredients.
To a blender, add frozen banana slices, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
2. Bend it up.
Blend it on high speed until smooth and creamy.
You may thin out a thick smoothie by adding extra milk or a little bit of water.
3. Serve the smoothie
Pour your peanut butter cup smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
📔 Recipe variations
Greens. For a more nutritious smoothie add a handful of your favorite greens. I like using spinach due to its mild flavor.
Protein powder. Add ½ cup of Greek yogurt or skyr. You can also add a tablespoon of your favorite protein powder shake.
Seeds. I like adding flaxseeds or sunflower seeds. They provide extra nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats.
👩🏻🍳 Expert Tips
- Use frozen bananas for the best texture! If you want to use fresh bananas add a few ice cubes.
- Add the liquid ingredients first, this will help to make the blending easier.
📖 Storage instructions
Refrigerator: Store leftover smoothies in a jar with a lid or airtight container and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Make sure to shake well before drinking
Freezer. You can freeze this smoothie in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before using. You can also freeze this smoothie in ice cubes, to defrost, toss the ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
🧉 More Smoothie Recipes
- Bahama Mama Smoothie
- Kiwi Quencher Tropical Smoothie
- Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie
- Detox Island Green Tropical Smoothie
Did you make this? Tell me about it! Leave a ⭐ REVIEW and COMMENT below!
Peanut Butter Cup Tropical Smoothie
- 2 bananas frozen and sliced
- 1 cup milk*
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- To a blender add milk, frozen banana slices, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and maple syrup
- Blend it on high speed until smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
- To make it dairy free you can use any plant-based milk