low fodmap ✓ | gluten-free ✓ | nut-free ✓ | lactose-free ✓ | soy-free ✓ | yeast-free ✓| egg-free ✓ | dairy-free (option) ✓ |vegetarian ✓ | vegan (option) ✓
A simplified version of the all-time favorite Italian dish, Pizza! I never even knew that polenta pizza existed, let alone that it tasted that good!
If you are a fan of pizza, you should definitely not skip this recipe. Polenta pizza is super simple to make, (baking is not your strong skill? this is the recipe for you!). Moreover, it is healthy, naturally gluten-free and tastes authentic to the real pizza!
Polenta Pizza Recipe
This Polenta Pizza is so easy and quick to make. The polenta crust has a nice crisp on the outside, while it is still soft and chewy on the inside. It tastes delicious with any toppings of choice and it can easily be made vegan. This is a perfect simple dinner recipe when you don’t have a lot of time to cook but want to eat something healthy, comforting, flavorful and satisfying.
How to make the Polenta Pizza?
This polenta pizza is probably the simplest, easiest and quickest pizza recipe out there. No dough making and kneading are required. There are only 3 simple steps and voila the pizza is ready!
Step 1: Cook the polenta; Step 2: Spread the cooked polenta onto a baking tray and let it cool down in the fridge; Step3: Prepare the toppings of choice, top the pizza; Step4: Bake it and it’s done!
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of the page!
How to make this pizza crust vegan?
For cooking the polenta replace the lactose-free milk with unsweetened almond milk or water and omit the parmesan. As for the toppings omit the cheese or replace it with vegan cheese.
* Gluten Free tip
If you are celiac or highly sensitive to gluten, buy certified gluten-free polenta (cornmeal). Polenta is naturally gluten-free, however, depending on the manufacturing place and process it could be cross-contaminated.
For the polenta crust
- 150 gr Polenta
- 600 ml Lactose-Free Milk
- 50 gr Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
For the Margarita Topping
- 4 Tbsp Marinara Sauce
- 40 gr Mozarella
- 40 gr Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olives or Extra Veggies (Like Bell Peppers) optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Put the lactose-free milk in a large saucepan and bring it to boil. Once boiling lower the heat and add the polenta, stirring frequently. Continue by adding the butter or oil and the freshly grated parmesan. Season with salt and continue stirring frequently.
- Once the polenta starts to thicken, remove it from the heat.
- Place a baking paper over a baking tray and pour the warm polenta over. Make it in a circle shape (it can be as thick/thin as you prefer).
- Place the baking tray in the fridge to cool down and set. In the meantime prepare your toppings of choice. Once your toppings are ready, take out the baking tray from the fridge and add them to your pizza.
- Bake for 25 to 30min on 180C. Or until the crust is crispy and golden on the outside.