This Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato pasta requires only 1 pot, 9 ingredients, and 20min to make! if you are looking for a comfort food meal, this is it! It is what every pasta dish should be, creamy, simple, flavorful and so delicious!
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
Why you will love it:
- Extra Creamy
- Takes only 20min to make
- Extremely satisfying
Ingredients & substitutes for this Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Sun-dried tomatoes: Use sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. If you use sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, you will need to reconstitute them before use.
Spring Onion: I like using spring onion because it has a milder taste and gives the pasta light and summer flavor, moreover I use only the green parts of a spring onion because they are FODMAP friendly. However, if you don’t follow the low FODMAP diet you can also use normal onion.
Gluten-Free Pasta: You can use normal pasta of choice if you are not gluten intolerant.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese: I would advise to not substitute the parmesan cheese for another cheese or nutritional yeast. The parmesan cheese gives that sharp flavor that goes so well with the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes
Vegan Butter: You can substitute for olive oil, however, the butter makes it more creamy and has a milder flavor.
Plant-Based Cooking Cream: You can use almond, oat, or soy cooking cream.
Fresh Basil and Parsley: Fresh herbs give so much flavor, moreover, basil and parsley go so well with the sun-dried tomatoes.
Here is how to make this Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta:
Step 1: Prepare
Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar into a pot or skillet with sides. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and 1 spring onion. Set the pot over medium-high heat, add the chopped onion, and cook until fragrant. Next, add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes turn deep red and are crisping.
Step 2: Cook
Add 3 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, add the pasta, and cover with a lid. Cook until the pasta is al dente.To the pasta, stir in the parmesan, butter, heavy cream basil, and parsley. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Can I use sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil?
Yes, however, you will need to reconstitute them before use.
What kind of pasta should I use?
You can use any type of pasta that you want.
How many portions does this recipe serve?
This recipe is for 2 portions.
More creamy pasta dishes
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta (EXTRA CREAMY)
- 1 jar (7.7 oz) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 sprin onions
- 12.3 oz gluten-free pasta of choice
- 3 ⅓ cups water
- 1 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup plant based cooking cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsly
- salt & black peper according to taste
- Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar into a pot or skillet with sides.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and 1 spring onion.
- Set the pot over medium-high heat, add the chopped onion, cook until fragrant. Next add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes turn deep red and are crisping.
- Add water, bring it to a boil, add the pasta, and cover with a lid. Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- To the pasta, stir in in the vegan parmesan, butter, heavy cream basil and parsley. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese and basil.