Low FODMAP Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine, yes it exists! and it's one of my favorite things in the world!
Is there anything better than a warm creamy pasta dish on a cold and grey day? For me, a bowl of warm creamy pasta is the ultimate comfort food and I think I can have it every day during autumn and winter. I love cozying up on the sofa with my favorite show and a bowl of my favorite pasta. While I was growing up my mom made the most delicious Mushroom Fettuccine. I remember that I was always looking forward to the pasta days in the week because that meant we would have the creamiest mushroom fettuccine for dinner. Even now that I follow a gluten-free and low FODMAP diet I still have pasta days during the week (because what would life be without pasta?). And with a few twists, I managed to make a tummy-friendly version of my mom's super creamy Mushroom Fettuccine.
Low FODMAP Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine Recipe
This Low FODMAP Mushroom Fettuccine is super creamy, flavorful and so delicious. Moreover is easy to digest and makes a filling lunch or dinner.
How to make this Low FODMAP Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine?
Are you looking for a simple and quick dinner fix? You've come to the right place! This pasta dish takes 20min to make and requires only 7 simple and easily accessible ingredients!
For the detailed step-by-step instructions scroll at the end of this page.
How to make this Low FODMAP Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine vegan?
You can easily make this pasta dish vegan. Just substitute the butter for vegan butter, the heavy cream for a plant-based cooking cream, and the parmesan cheese for vegan parmesan cheese.
* When frying the garlic in the butter make sure to strain out the garlic before continuing with preparing the sauce. Make there are no bits of garlic left.
*Canned mushrooms are low FODMAP, just make sure to rinse them well before using.
*As a general rule always read the labels of the ingredients that you use as there can be sneaky FODMAP’s in any product. To educate yourself of which foods are high in FODMAP’s I’d strongly recommend downloading Monash Unversity FODMAP Diet App
Looking for more simple low FODMAP pasta recipes? Check out my:
Low FODMAP Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
- ¼ cup butter (or sub vegan butter) 50g
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (smashed)
- 2 cups canned mushrooms 250g (rinsed)
- 1 cup lactose-free heavy cream (or sub for vegan)* see notes 230ml
- 300 g gluten-free fettuccine
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (or sub vegan cheese) 45g
- ½ cup reserved pasta water 120ml
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Cook the gluten-free fettuccine according to the instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Then drain the pot and set the pasta aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, then strain out the garlic pieces and return the butter to the pan. Add the rinsed canned mushrooms Sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes then add the rest of the butter and cream. Simmer over low heat.
- Add mushroom sauce to the hot fettuccine in the pan. Toss with tongs to mix. Add Parmesan and up to ½cup of the reserved pasta water as needed to get the consistency right. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve while it's warm.