This gluten-free garlic bread is crispy, buttery, flavourful, easy to make, and simply the best garlic bread that you will ever eat! It takes less than 20 minutes to make and you have the option to make it ahead and freeze it.
I believe garlic bread makes a great addition to any pasta dish or soup. My favorite way to serve it is with gluten-free tomato soup. But I also love serving it with spaghetti bolognese, sun-dried tomato pasta, creamy spinach pasta, or even lasagna.
Why you will love this recipe
Easy to make. This bread takes less than 20 minutes to make. And is so simple to make that even someone who doesn’t have any baking skills can make it.
Extra crispy. This garlic bread has crispy edges and soft centers, which if you ask me is exactly how a perfect garlic bread should look like.
Flavourful. Thanks to the fresh garlic and parsley this bread is bursting with flavor.
Ingredients & Substitutes
Step 1: Make Garlic Butter
Start by making the garlic butter spread or also known as compound butter. In a bowl mix softened butter, chopped parsley, and minced garlic. If you are using Italian herbs and parmesan cheese you should add them in too. Mix until well combined.
Step 2: Prep
Take your baguettes and cut them in half horizontally. Using a butter knife spread a generous amount of garlic butter on one half of the baguette. Repeat until all baguettes are buttered.
Place the baguettes on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Garlic Bread Variations
Dairy-Free Garlic Bread
- Use vegan butter or olive oil in place of butter.
- Use gluten-free and dairy-free bread such as Schar Gluten Free Baguette
Cheesy Garlic Bread
If you want to make cheesy garlic bread add a little bit of parmesan and mozzarella on top of each slice.
This gluten-free garlic bread is best enjoyed when is fresh from the oven. Leftover garlic bread can be stored in zip bags or airtight containers at room temperature for up to 3 days. Rewarm in the oven or air-frier for a few minutes at 400°F (200°C).
You can also freeze baked garlic bread. After the bread has cooled, place it in the freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Let it thaw on the counter or remove it from the plastic bag and bake in the oven at 300°F (175°C) for a few minutes or until it is warm.
How to make ahead and freeze
You can also make this bread ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to bake it. Follow the instructions up until the point of baking. Place the bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid.
Next, remove the frozen slices and place them in a freezer bag, freeze for up to 2 months.
When ready to bake, remove from the plastic bag and bake in the oven as instructed. You might need to bake them for a few extra minutes
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature. If you use cold butter you will have a harder time mixing it with the garlic and parsley.
- Use French baguette for the best texture
- Watch the top of the bread while baking, it can brown fast.
- Serve while it’s hot. Garlic bread is best when is served fresh out of the oven
- Use fresh garlic and parsley for the best flavor.
What to serve with garlic bread
- Gluten-Free Tomato Soup
- Gluten-free Italian Pasta Salad
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Creamy Spinach Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- Pumpkin Pasta
Did you make this? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
Gluten-Free Garlic Bread
- 1 big gluten-free baguette (or 2 smaller ones) (I recommend Schar Gluten-Free Baguette)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or according to taste)
- 1 tsp Italian herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C) degrees. Cut each bread loaf in half horizontally.
- In a bowl mix softened butter, chopped parsley, and minced garlic. If you are using Italian herbs and parmesan cheese you should add them in too. Mix until well combined.
- Take your baguettes and cut them in half horizontally. Using a butter knife spread a generous amount of garlic butter on one half of the baguette. Repeat until all baguettes are buttered.
- Place the baguettes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve while they are warm.